- Duke Energy told analysts Feb. 28 that it expects adjusted diluted earnings per share of $4.20 to $4.45 in 2013 and has set a target EPS growth of 4% to 6% percent through 2015. The company said its 2013 results, the first full year of operation since Duke’s merger with Progress Energy, will serve as the base year for the company’s long-term EPS growth projections.
- John T. Herron, CEO, president and chief nuclear officer of Entergy Nuclear, joined Duke Energy’s board of directors effective March 1, 2013. Herron will retire from Entergy on March 31.
- Duke announced the appointment of Dhiaa Jamil as president of Duke Energy Nuclear, which operated 12 nuclear units in the Carolinas and Florida. Jamil previously served as Duke Energy’s executive vice president and chief nuclear officer. Bill Pitesa, senior vice president of Duke Energy’s nuclear operations for the Brunswick and Robinson nuclear plants, will become chief nuclear officer reporting to Jamil.
Dominion Resources, Inc.
- Dominion Resources will hold its annual shareholders meeting May 3, 2013, at 9:30 a.m. ET.
- Dominion appointed Pamela J. Royal, M.D., to its board of directors effective March 1. Dr. Royal, 50, is a board-certified dermatologist and the owner and president of Richmond skin care company.